Machine Operator, Manufacturing
The Machine Operator will be required to perform a set of tasks using machinery. They are responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining various machines to ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
Machine Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so they should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
What you’ll be doing:
• Perform machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
• Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed)
• Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
• Feed the necessary raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
• Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements
• Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to discover any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor or maintenance department.
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
What you’ll need:
• Proven experience as a machine operator, in previous food related manufacturing required.
• Minimum 6 months experience working as a machine operator in food or like industry.
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Ability to read blueprints (if needed), schematics and manuals
• Analytical skills and attention to detail
• Teamwork and good communication skills
The Ideal Candidate
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to standing for prolonged periods; frequently walks, grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working and handling products, computers or machinery. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 50 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a as needed basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate equipment if required. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and non-moving mechanical parts. The employee could have work conditions that are extremely cold or extremely hot. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks. Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture. Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Hearthside Food Solutions