The Facilities Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading, developing, managing and executing all aspects for building and grounds maintenance with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and the manufacturing staff. The incumbent is also responsible for the supervising, training and mentoring members of the Facilities Maintenance department. This position exists to ensure the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and operational programs such as preventative and corrective maintenance, safety, and compliance.
- Responsible for leading, developing, managing and executing all aspects for the Building and Grounds maintenance for each assigned facility to maintain expectations of cleanliness and aesthetics value.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and the manufacturing staff.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of all key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives for the Facilities Maintenance department.
- Responsible for maintaining key equipment parts inventory, managing the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program, managing the Work Order system and managing the overall day-to-day activities of the Facilities Maintenance department.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve on all standard operating procedures as they relate to our maintenance programs (predictive and preventative) to meet all company and customer requirements.
- Establish a project schedule for employees and outside contractors which is in the priority of human safety, product safety, product quality and operational needs.
- Coordinate energy and waste disposal activities.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, and on-site contractors to coordinate activities of facility and general fabrication maintenance department.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports against their job requirements and performance goals.
- Maintain a safety, sanitation and GMP awareness within the department.
- Ensure that all activities follow our GMP’s, HACCP, and SQF system for food safety requirements
The Ideal Candidate
Hearthside procurement, products and production processes
Knowledge and experience with EAM and SAP
Knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards
Experience in Construction or Grounds Maintenance is preferred
Sitting at a work station for infrequent periods of time.
Stand, walk and climb stairs on a frequent basis.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Demonstrated proficiency in a multi-craft maintenance role and continuous improvement is required.
Maintaining harmonious relationships and effectively communicating with all customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and manufacturing staff.
Be detailed-oriented, have strong self-confidence and leadership skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business/technical-related field is required.
Five (5) – Seven (7) years of related work experience, including experience managing and leading a Maintenance department in the Food Industry.
Must be detailed-oriented, have strong self-confidence and leadership skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to uphold Hearthside’s mission, vision and values on a daily basis.
MS Office Suite, EAM and SAP
Work is done in both an office and production floor setting.
Frequent production environment exposure, which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts and fluctuations in temperature.
Hearthside Food Solutions