Production Group Leader- 2nd Shift & 3rd Shift
To aid the supervisor in providing a safe work environment for line associates while producing a quality product for our customers using cost saving practices and efficiencies with minimal waste.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees pre-op and/or tear down depending on shift. Coordinate lines set-up.
• Reviews production issues, production schedule orders and product specifications. Works with other departments to prevent downtime.
• Leads continuous improvement plant wide.
• Assigns personnel to work stations and gives direction. Provides associate training as needed. Recommends corrective actions for non-compliance to supervisor.
• Has excellent communication skills and is very approachable. Ability to communicate with supervisors and line workers.
• Responsible for specification compliance.
• Responsible for documentation and legible record keeping for line, including, but not limited to, lot tracking, waste, quality checks, product usage, production and standards. Basic math skills, the ability to enter data into computer programs, and attention to detail.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and production reports such as product usage, packaging, lot tracking, labor tracking, waste control, daily worksheets, and any forms deemed necessary by the Production Manager and Production Supervisor.
• This position is expected to eventually cross train in all lead areas related to production and packaging.
• Must work safely at all times.
• On the floor 95% of shift.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and operate tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, stoop or crouch. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
The employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds with a hoist, pallet-jack or cart, and regularly lift up to 15 pounds of boxes of product, bales of cartons, or rolls of film.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, speak, and write in English. Bilingual capability is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environment, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks. Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture. Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Hearthside Food Solutions