Quality Assurance Assistant Supervisor 1st Shift
The Quality Assurance Assistant Supervisor provides leadership and assists the Quality Assurance Technicians and department in the direction that will maintain the Quality Assurance systems in place and make suggestions for continuous improvement to all facility processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cover all food safety and quality responsibilities in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager
- Assign Quality Assurance Technicians to packaging lines according to schedule and time required to perform the in-process checks
- Monitor and assist Quality Assurance Technicians performing in-process quality checks at the packaging lines as necessary
- Perform daily GMP audits
- Manage Quality Assurance Technicians through day to day issues
- Provide support for sanitation team as necessary
- Oversee Incident Report generation and communication to Production, participate in investigation of root cause and corrective action
- Participate in Mock and Customer requested Trace Recall Drills as requested
- Review daily paperwork for completeness and process compliance
- Employee hours reporting and overtime compliance
- Participate in sensory and finished product review/scoring as required
- Perform and/or oversee weekly environmental monitoring and/or clean equipment swabs as required
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager in maintaining Department metrics and continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist in new product executions as requested
- Monitor rework processes for conformance to standards
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Assign coverage and responsibility for food safety and quality to QA Manager during absence
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required in addition to an Associate Degree (or working towards) combined with a minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance experience in an FDA or USDA environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. HACCP and SQF Certification are preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong communication and leadership skills, ability to train others and work without direct supervision, and good organizational skills are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle product, record information and collect samples of various types. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and ability to correctly transcribe multiple digit numbers without error.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy and vary in temperature from refrigerated environments, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.In addition some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks. Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture. Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Hearthside Food Solutions