Supply Chain Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of supply chain generalist functions to ensure customer delivery compliance of their contracted finished goods products. This entails customer service, capacity planning, materials requirement planning, coordinating or purchasing materials (turnkey or consigned), managing inventory, and logistics.
- Schedules production in accordance to customer forecast demands.
- Orders materials needed for production of customer orders.
- Manages material inventory (date code use by variances against production)
- Sets up part numbers, bill of materials, assembly routing instructions, engineering standards, date code formats and aging requirements.
- Sets up and organizes outbound shipping of finished goods and residual materials.
- Responsible for data maintenance, updating of system records and reports for Supply Chain and Production.
- Executes invoicing for items produced/shipped and extra services performed.
- Reports all material activity to customer as required (via Excel or SAP requirements).
- Communicates with customer contacts via telephone, fax, e-mail and in person as required.
- Language Skills- requires ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and e-mails as well as the ability to effectively interface with co-workers, suppliers, customers, and other employees in English.
- Reasoning Ability- must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Other as assigned.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy and vary in temperature from very cold (USDA) to ambient or warm in summer months. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs. Requirements for this position require the ability to access production and warehouse operations to execute hands-on execution of related activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Experience & Required Skills
Associates or undergraduate degree preferred. Five plus years in Planning and Materials Management generalist functions. Previous customer service experience preferred. Progressive experience in food and/or packaging industry.
Hearthside Food Solutions