Warehouse Supervisor Food Manufacturing and Production
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for shipping and receiving personnel on a 3 shift operation. Manage all facets of material handling within Hearthside building including receiving, shipping, warehouse and shop floor. Manage all inventory control areas within specified areas. They will insure that the inventory is maintained accurately through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts and audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise receiving/shipping/material handling associates.
- Responsible for training and monitoring performance of warehouse employees.
- Will provide clear performance expectations and accountability to meet on-time delivery and receiving requirements.
- Ensure department operation metrics are established and delivered.
- Ensure the Warehouse staff understands the expectation for meeting performance standards.
- Ensure that all HFS corporate programs and best practices are implemented.
- Assist in implementation of lot control program
- Implement & maintain MRP and MPS planning system for facility
- Implement cost reduction programs and monitor progress as relating to materials
- Monitor the adherence to company policies and procedures
- Manage inventory identification, flows, storage and discrepancies
- Manage accuracy of inventory information within computer database
The Ideal Candidate
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes.
- Must have strong experience working with SAP & JIT applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an ISO or World Class Manufacturing standards organization a plus.
- Shipping, receiving, inventory control, purchasing and materials management principles are required.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strength and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Work Environment:
- Work is 70% on the floor and 30% in the office.
- Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent in education, certifications and experience.
4+ years supervisory experience leading a logistics department accountable for shipping, receiving, and inventory management in the Food Industry or manufacturing environment
Read, write and speak English. Able to communicate effectively with line workers, Leads, Supervisors, and Plant Manager.
Must have basic math skills for batch sheets, weight sheets, production worksheets, HACCP compliance forms and any other forms deemed necessary by the production manager. Must be to teach Production Supervisors data collection, analysis, and downtime tracking.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to use different leadership styles according to the needs of the situation. Must be able to coach and develop people into higher skill sets. Must be highly motivated, flexible, have creative problem solving abilities and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude. Must be able to go outside of “normal job responsibilities to meet company needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch.
The employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks. Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture. Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Hearthside Food Solutions